Saturday, March 26, 2011

Journal

John 6

(:23)Jesus is continually thankful and grateful. We are to be the same, if Christ lives in us, offering the praise of our lips, sometimes a sacrifice of praise, other times the fruit of our lips. Giving thanks in all things(Eph5:20).

(:26)They believed because they ate and were filled physically. Ye seek Me, not because of seeing the miracles. It is good that they sought Him but they sought Him for the temporary gain. Miracles were done to confirm the truth, that He is God, so they may seek Him and believe. He does miracles so that we may seek Him. But Jesus knew their hearts. So He warns them not to labour for the bread which perishes. They sought Him for the physical provision, not for the miracles in awe of what He has done.

(:27)Labour for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life. Which the Son of man shall giveth unto you. We are not to labour for the bread which perisheth. We ARE to labour for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life. We are to run the race, we are lay hold of eternal life. We are to labour and He will give. What is the meat? (Heb5:12) Strong meat of the Word. He is the Word (John1). (John4:34)My meat is to do the will of the Father and to finish His work. The meat is Him, and it is to do His will, to finish it. He is the True Bread(:32,33)

(:36) Ye also have seen Me and believe NOT. They obviously had to "believe" they were talking to and hearing an actual person, just like speaking to any stranger, you know or have to believe you are talking to someone. But to believe ON Him is more than acknowledging Him as a Person or knowing and believing He does miracles. They even believed He to be a Prophet and a King (:14,15) yet He says they don't believe. How many people "believe" Him to be a Prophet, a King, they believe Him, but Jesus says you don't believe on Me. He knows the heart. Many will say Lord, Lord, open unto us; we have eaten and drunk in Thy presence, but He will say depart from Me ye workers of iniquity, I know not whence ye are, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Luk 13:25-28). Many will trust in their own belief, all the while, they have not come to Him for faith.

Believing is to have faith upon, to entrust Him, commit yourself to Him, put trust with Him.
(1Pet1:8) they have not yet seen Him, yet they love Him, and believe, rejoicing with joy unspeakable and full of glory. Those that didn't see Him believe. But they that saw didn't believe. Belief is more than a cognitive agreeing something true, it's by the Spirit of God belief comes. It is through His power (Rom15:13).

(John1:12,13) By God. Not flesh nor man's will. It's not a decision of just an agreement or profession of Him, they saw Him yet believed not. Yet if you would've asked who are you speaking with? Jesus. Amen. But Jesus says you believe not.

I have to stop and pause and praise the Lord for the fresh revelation, oh Lord thank you! I have read this chapter for years and knew it was wonderful but it has never been alive like you've given it life to me now. I praise You Jesus! You are the Word of God. It is living and precious. How gracious to show me, a wretch, please give me grace now that you have revived my spirit with quickening. You have made me alive from the dead and I come to You and I do not hunger, I am fed manna from heaven. THE MANNA. Thank You Father for calling me, I love You, precious Savior.

(:35) "I am the Bread of life, he that cometh to Me shall never hunger, and He that believeth on Me shall never thirst." It's not that I will never thirst nor hunger ever again now that I know Him in this life. It is that if I "come to Him" I will never hunger(Psalm 42:1). If I come to Him I have to believe on Him and I will never hunger. Because when I come to Him I am filled, I am fed and revived, and quickened in the Spirit. If I don't come to Him I do thirst and even faint. When I come to Him I do no longer hunger.

When I come to Him, though my flesh rebels, He gives me Manna, True Bread of life, and I am strengthened and filled and the Holy Spirit makes His Word a delight as the Psalmist says over and over again of the Word of God, as he writes in the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment