Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our Heart And His Heart

What the Word of God says about our hearts and our sin:

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
*Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. (Psalm 51:3-6) *I was shapen in iniquity, In sin did my mother conceive me.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. (Psalm 36:1,2) *The wicked says what he is doing is not that bad, he flatters himself.

Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
And it come to pass, *when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven. (Deuteronomy 29:18-20) *This man refuses to acknowledge his sin, he says oh I shall have peace, but he walks in the imaginations of his heart. The imaginations of our heart are telling us that we are at peace, that we don't sin, or our sin is not that bad, it justifies us wrongfully. We cannot listen to the imagination of our heart, that says we are good. We have to listen to the Word of God, what GOD says about our heart and our sin.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9) *Man thinks, my heart is not that wicked, my sin not so sinful, Well this is what God says about our hearts.

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. (Luke 16:15) *Are you they that justify yourselves before men? God knows your heart. What is highly esteemed among men is AN ABOMINATION in the sight of GOD! So you can justify sin all day long, BUT GOD says it is an abomination!

He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. (Proverbs 28:26) *God says if we trust in ourselves, in our own heart we are fools.

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. (Jeremiah 6:16) *He is crying out for us to walk in the good path, to follow the good path. But they were trusting in their own heart, and would not listen to God. They would rather trust in their own way.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah 55:7) *Let the unrighteous man forsake his thoughts. Then he can return to the Lord. Forsake your own thoughts that God will not save, He promises if your forsake your wicked way and come, because His word says it, not because you feel you have faith, but because He says it.

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (Genesis 6:5) *Acknowledge this before the Lord, that our heart looks like this!

But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward. (Jeremiah 7:23-24)


These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. (Proverbs 6:16-19) *All the imaginations of the heart are abominations and He hates it.

*We do stand condemned in His sight. He has opened up our heart, shown us, this is what is in there. See the wickedness, the sinfulness of it, don't justify yourself as if you even can. Mourn, cry, in desperation, believe Him.

But...

Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god. (Psalm 81:8,9) *If you will hearken unto Him God will take away your idols. Cast yourself upon HIM, He wants to save. But as long as you are trusting in yourself, in your own imaginations of the heart, justifying yourself, you won't cast yourself upon Him, and He won't save because you are not hearkening unto His voice, His Word.

Yes we have this wicked heart, but God desires...

At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. (Jeremiah 3:17) *That we no longer walk after the imaginations of our evil heart.

O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee? (Jeremiah 4:14) *He desires that we wash our heart from wickedness, that we might be saved.

LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. (Psalm 15:1-2) *He desires we speak the truth in our heart. Seeing our hearts clearly as He sees them.

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. (Ezekiel 11:19-20) *He desires to put a new heart, a new spirit within us! So that we CAN walk in His ways! And be pleasing to Him!! Knowing that we have wicked hearts, in agreement with His Word, we can look to Him to save us and give us a new heart!

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

This is what the Lord desires of thee...

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4:8-10)

*Search for Him with all thine heart. His thoughts are good toward you.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive. (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

[Mostly taken from our girls night :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment