Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nor Sinners In The Congregation Of The Righteous

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. (Psalm 1:5)
[sinners are not to sit with the righteous in the congregation.]

And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations,
In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.
And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves.
Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel. (Ezekiel 44:6-9)
[There was judgment upon these people, because the Lord commanded no stranger, no uncircumcised in heart, which in the New Testament means an unsaved person, shall enter into His sanctuary. Only those circumcised in heart shall enter, only saved.]

Her filthiness is in her skirts; she remembereth not her last end; therefore she came down wonderfully: she had no comforter. O LORD, behold my affliction: for the enemy hath magnified himself.
The adversary hath spread out his hand upon all her pleasant things: for she hath seen that the heathen entered into her sanctuary, whom thou didst command that they should not enter into thy congregation. (Lamentations 1:9-10)
[Judgment upon Israel again because of her transgressions and sin, one of them being that the heathen entered into her sanctuary, whom He commanded they shall not enter into the congregation. Judgment was come upon Israel in the Old Testament for such a thing, all the time. And we are the spiritual house of Israel, in the New Testament, so why does this not apply to us, as if God changes over time? No, He is the same, yesterday today and forever.]

And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not. (Malachi 3:17-18)
[We are to discern between who is serving God and who is not. We are to have discernment in knowing if a person is born of God or not. We don't just take no thought to it and let everyone congregate together, saved or not. God's people or not. No. God brought judgment upon them in the Old Testament, He is still the same today.]

O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:11-18)
[Can someone worshiping the Lord God, Jesus Christ of the bible, be right next to someone who is worshiping another god? No. What does light have in common with darkness? There is no communion with the two, you are either light in the Lord, a born again Christian, or you are not. Either someone worships idols or they worship the Living True God. God tells us to come out and be separate, and He will be our Father, and we will be His sons and daughters. If we are unequally yoked with unbelievers and are calling ourselves Christians, He will not receive us.]

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men: (Psalm 26:2-9)
[He is talking about dwelling in the sanctuary where the Lord is worshiped, the vain persons and the dissemblers, the evil doers and wicked all do not sit with him.]

I cannot help but see these verses in the Word of God, and read them plainly, and know that I cannot come into the solemn assembly with unbelievers. I cannot worship God with someone who is not circumcised in heart, they must be circumcised in heart(Colossians 2:11), they must be born of God. Because the Lord commands it. Because the Word of God declares it. Because His judgment will come upon disobedience. Always has, always will. The Lord loves His Bride, He wants to keep His church pure and undefiled, holy, and set apart just for Him. His commands are not grievous (1 John 5:3). He is protecting His people from wolves, from leaven, from defilement, since He has washed us whiter than snow with His blood, His intercession, commands and guidance is to keep us that way and sanctify and continually cleanse us.

Will you heed the Word of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment