Monday, December 13, 2010

God Calls Us


My first post even though I made this blog what seems like forever ago.

I am married, going on 7 months, yes- newlyweds still. Best part is we are pregnant, 6 months pregnant almost. Gotta love the humor God has in it all. You would think things would still be semi-easy. Having a nice job, home, security, settling down for a baby coming soon. Nope, God is moving us to Texas, not sure what the job will be, not sure about the home, not sure if security will ever be a luxury really. But maybe that is the way God wants to make us dependable on just Him. We move the end of December, it is the middle of December right now. No moving truck, that is too much money, instead just packing up the car with whatever will fit and going to a place I have never been. There has got to be some reason for Texas right, if not for a job?

Well, there is a church there filled with men who seem to love my husband with the love of God, through thick and thin, unlike most Christian men he has come across. They seem to be really genuine though I still have my doubts and concerns. They seem to be living out the bible really in the Spirit of God, precious Spirit of God I might add to be so merciful to us mere men. Some have told me that the reason they can serve God without distraction seemingly is because they are single, no family. Well, that statement really bothers me, as if because we have families we cannot serve God and know Him without distraction. That we need more time to do this. Not true, I think it is how we choose to spend the time God gives. Because we have families does this mean the television must numb our minds at all times? Because we have families does this mean that material goods should overtake our conversation where there is no room for heavenly conversation? I have yet to see the Lord let us be a family who serves Him and is wholeheartedly serving Him, but I believe He can do it. It's His desire as well as ours.

We both think this is the direction the Lord is leading us. Without answers to our greatest concerns, without plans really, we still prepare the best we know how, we are still just trusting by faith the God of the Universe, Jehovah Jireh.

Mason Justus agrees with my typings right now, he is kicking and moving around in there while I type as if he is putting his two-sense in as well.

Anyways, many have counseled us to stay here where we will be able to have Jordan be in the police force (a stable income job, the only one really that can support a family without requiring a bachelors in something). Now I am not sure how to respond to the counsel honestly. In a sense I understand when they say this is not wise to do, go to Texas, since we don't have a job there. Yes that part scares me too! But we are hoping to transfer, we are hoping to find a restaurant that pays good for Jordan to bring in the bacon and provide for his family. But the best we can do is make sure we are applying everywhere possible and pray God is the one who finds the job. The best job for us. HE IS THE ONE MOVING US OUT THERE... pretty sure He is capable of having a plan. Now is it wisdom to say that it is a bad idea to move out there just because God is telling us to, I mean what about a job? It is wisdom...but what kind of wisdom? Is is worldly wisdom or godly wisdom? Isn't the best way to provide for your family to follow where you feel the Lord of the Earth is leading you? What if we were to ignore God's leading and just say, no God, I have to have a good job to support my family, I cannot afford to follow You right now? Is that not just like Luke 14:15-24 where they are invited but they have excuses? One about the farm animals (their job) another about their wife they just married. Is there any reason to think we can provide better for ourselves outside of the will of God? God asked Abraham to go off to a foreign land, no plans, no seeming provision, nothing, just GO. Does God not still lead His people in this way?

Some things to think about. God, "O keep my soul, deliver me, let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in Thee." Psalm 25:20

No comments:

Post a Comment